The Royal Recipe: Purple Power Latte
This year, paint autumn purple! Our Purple Power Latte gives your latte macchiato with red cabbage, cinnamon and nutmeg an extra energy boost. And a colour that you’ll have to look twice at. Wanna try?
Beet Root Latte? Beetroot Latte? So 2017! We’re upping our game and are greeting the autumn the royal way – with our Purple Power Latte. A totally purple latte macchiato, all thanks to red cabbage. Yep, you heard it right: red cabbage.
Spice up your Latte
Up until now red cabbage spent its lonely life in one of your Grandma’s jars. Totally unjustly! In the form of our self-made, aromatic syrup, it’s found itself a new sparring partner in latte macchiato. And it ensures a spicy, power boost to your latte. Red cabbage contains loads of antioxidants and lots of vitamin C. Your immune system will thank you.
Ingredients for a Purple Power Latte
__Ingredients for the purple syrup __
- 100 g red cabbage
- 200 ml water
- 150 g white sugar
- ¼ tsp grated nutmeg
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Black pepper
__Preparation time: __
- Purple syrup: roughly 10 minutes,
- Purple Power Latte: roughly 5 minutes
- glass bottle
- milk foamer
- Latte Macchiato glass
Method: Purple Syrup
- Mix 100 g red cabbage with 200 ml water in a blender.
- Pass the juice through a fine sieve into a non-stick pan. Add 150 g white sugar, a cinnamon stick, nutmeg and a little black pepper.
- Simmer the syrup for roughly 5 minutes on low heat until the sugar has dissolved, and the spices are giving off their full aroma.
- You can now pour the purple syrup into a glass bottle.
Method: Purple Power Latte
- Froth roughly 200 ml full milk and pour into a Latte Macchiato glass.
- Add 20 ml of the purple syrup to the milk.
- Last but not least: carefully pour the Espresso into the glass.
Alternatively, you can make your Latte Macchiato easily with just the push of a button, then simply add the purple syrup to the glass after the milk but before the coffee. Voilà!
Aromatic, sweet and purple – the Purple Power Latte won’t only please sworn fans of the Pumpkin Spice Latte, but also fans of other exotic coffee trends. Win-win!