Royal recipe: Irish cream coffee
Opposites attract – especially when they’re in the same glass. Our new recipe combines Baileys, Campari, cream and coffee to create a sumptuous Irish coffee with an Italian twist.
At the typical family gathering, there’s so much food on offer that even an espresso won’t stop you from dozing off. Enter the digestif – one that will give you a much-needed kick after a heavy meal. Our Irish cream coffee does just the trick: the addition of Campari gives this Irish classic an Italian twist and makes it easier on the stomach.
Red meets black meets white
If you’re a fan of contrasts and variety, our Irish cream coffee is the perfect way to satisfy your cravings. It features three layers, each of which has a unique colour, flavour and temperature. Opposites don’t just look good – they taste better too.
Ingredients for Irish cream coffee
- Approx. 10 minutes
- Mix the Campari and Baileys together.
- Add 50 ml of the mixture to a glass.
- Whip the cream until stiff and carefully slide it onto the first layer over the back of a spoon.
- Brew a double shot of espresso and slowly pour it into the glass.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground cinnamon. Serve immediately.
Featuring three different layers, our Irish cream coffee doesn’t just look great. It also tastes better too. Special thanks to our bartender friends from Straight up who created this recipe for us. Cheers!