Recipe Royal: Eggnogout
Eggnog is anything but sexy. We know that. But when mixed with a shot of espresso and various shots of rum, the eggnog transforms into Eggnogout. For the Christmas drink of your choice among friends. Or an evening of family feasting.
Christmas. The festival of love. A time for reflection and bliss. And of course overindulgence. The pre-Christmas season is often so stressful that it ends in tears. Especially if you spend Christmas with family members and friends who are just as stressed as you.
No hurt feelings #behonest
But sometimes it does you good. To simply vent your frustrations. Letting off some steam. So that you can finally chill out – together with family, friends or pets. This is the best time to say cheers and forget the past year. With a festive drink that is second to none. Not only is our eggnog infused with espresso, it is also laced with rum that will knock your Christmas socks off. Lots of rum. Special moments call for special measures.
Ingredients for the eggnog
- 500 ml milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 40 ml pimento dram (e.g. from Bitter Truth)
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 6 egg yolks
- 180 g sugar
Ingredients for an eggnogout
- eggnog: approx. 15 minutes (4 hours cooling time)
- eggnogout: approx. 5 minutes (6 - 8 hours cooling time)
- champagne glass
- Add milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, pimento dram and turmeric to a saucepan and let it simmer gently.
- Beat the egg yolk and sugar in a bowl until foamy.
- Slowly stir the foam into the hot milk mixture using a whisk. Keep mixing it at a medium heat until the eggnog thickens.
- Remove it from the stove and let it cool.
- Add rum, cream and the espresso to the cold eggnog.
- Stir gently and leave to cool again for 6 - 8 hours.
- Garnish with some grated nutmeg and a cinnamon stick.
Make Christmas your festival. With or without eggnogout. But ideally with it. Be yourself. And blow off steam when necessary. Then it's good for everyone, including your loved ones. That's what Christmas is all about isn't it? Precisely.